Monday, April 6, 2009

Steph's Spring Centerpiece

I love forsythia bushes in the spring. Thus, I knew I wanted to use them in my spring centerpiece. Luckily, I found a forsythia bush on my condo property so I was able to cut off an armful of limbs in short order.

I knew that I wanted a multi-container and multi-level arrangement so I pulled about eight books out of my bookshelf and arranged them in different size stacks on my table. Next, I found an old gingham tablecloth that matched the yellow flowers to throw over the books and create additional texture. Finally, I placed a tall vase and two wide-mouth jars of varying heights on the stacks of books and filled them with the limbs. I am pleased with simple, light, and energy-giving finished product.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for Forsythia! Haven't been able to find a good spot to steal them from yet this year.

    ReplyDelete