Monday, May 18, 2009

Meditate

I have always wanted to be a person that meditates. I've set goals about it, I've attended guided meditation, I've created a meditation alter in my home. But alas I have never had a meditation practice. Hence, this week the word meditate has stuck with me. I've been thinking about it as I water my yard, practice yoga, sew at night, cook...then I came to my realization. I am a person who meditates. I meditate while doing.

Once I had this realization I put it more into practice. I feel best when I practice yoga, just stepping on my mat is a meditation for me. I know that fitting in a full daily practice right now is an unreasonable and unattainable goal. So, I am setting one that I feel is within my reach. Each day I will step foot on my mat, get grounded and take a deep breath. Hopefully this ritual and the lure of the meditation will inspire me to do a small portion of my practice.

(this is a really weird angle, my feet look very small, they are actually very big! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment